Entertainment

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Clarins Beauty Fair- Taking care your skin (through pregnancy, after given birth) but be safe

Taking care your skin while pregnancy is as important at any time in your life.
But precaution, during pregnancy..some skincare should be avoid as to ensure safety to your dear one in the womb!!!
What you slather on your skin might be passing the skin barrier and being absorbed into our bodies. With a developing baby in your belly, this is a vital concern.



Retinoids
Accutane
Differin (adapelene)
Retin-A, Renova (tretinoin)
Retinoic acid
Retinol
Retinyl linoleate
Retinyl palmitate
Tazorac and avage (Tazarotene)
Salicylic acid
Beta hydroxy acid
BHA

Remark: Best To Avoid

Lethicin
Phosphatidylcholine
Soy
Textured vegetable protein (TVP)

Bottom line:
If you have dark skin or melasma, avoid these products, or choose 'active soy' products instead. Otherwise it's safe to use.

Beta hydroxy acid
BHA
Differin (adapelene)
Retin-A, Renova (tretinoin)
Retinoic acid
Retinol
Retinyl linoleate
Retinyl palmitate
Salicylic acid
Tazorac and avage (Tazarotene)
Tretinoin

Note: Glycolic acid is an AHA, and safe to use.

Bottom line:
Consult your dermatologist, or use mild over-the-counter cleansers only.

Differin (adapelene)
Retin-A, Renova (tretinoin)
Retinoic acid
Retinol
Retinyl linoleate
Retinyl palmitate
Tazorac and avage (Tazarotene)
Tretinoin

Bottom line:
Avoid cosmetics that contain retinoids or salicylic acids. Otherwise, safe to use.


Clarins Paris Beauty Fair up to 70%

When : Friday & Saturday
5th & 6th September

Time : 10 am to 5pm

Venue : Melur / Melati / Mawar Room (Level 2)
The Coronade Hotel KL (Next to lot 10)
Jalan Walter Grenier



How to go to Coronade Hotel KL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Amanda Nourse and i would like to show you my personal experience with Accutane.

I have taken for 6 days. I am 27 years old. My dermatoglogist put me back on Accutane partially because Klaron, Rentin A, & Doxycyclin were NOT working....I have been on Accutane before about 7 years ago so not too concerned about the side effects. With my previous run on this medicine I didn't have the severe back aches. I will say I did have tons of issues registering with the IPledge website...all too confusing all to combersome! Didn't have to do that 7 years ago. Since this is my 2nd go round I can say that for me there were no depression issues because my skin looks awesome ...tons of compliments. As with all things once I stop so will the side effects. This medication is obviously for those with severe acne so you should certainly weigh the pros vs. the cons...for me I didn't think twice...

Side Effects :
I've been on Acutane for 6 days now & I will say my back is aching terribly & my lips are DRY!

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Amanda Nourse

Anonymous said...

thanks 4 sharing the info n experience